Hugh Miller while some composed a newspaper describing the results away from carbon-fourteen relationships regarding dinosaur fossils that has been demonstrated during the Western Geophysics Meeting from inside the Singapore,
1 The carbon-14 dating involved precautions against contamination. The age for all these fossils was found to be less than 50,000 years1. This is not predicted by conventional evolutionary theory; and other discoveries have been made concerning dinosaurs which also are not predicted by evolutionary theory such as the discovery of soft tissue in bones that are not or are only partially fossilized.2 Both the carbon-14 dating results and the discovery of soft tissue in incompletely fossilized dinosaur bones share the common theme of being indicators of much younger ages for dinosaurs than evolution claimspared to the conventional theory of dinosaurs’ being at minimum 65 million years old, the time it would take soft tissue to degrade and the < 50,000 year ages reported from carbon-14 dating are less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of the expected age for the dinosaur fossils.
step 3 , 4 Each of the several thousand meeting users obtained a disc which included the fresh new conceptual of carbon dioxide-fourteen matchmaking statement. Although not, brand new conceptual of Miller speech is removed from your website to your meeting. step one , 5 Why is the material regarding paper important? Whether your accepted age of many age getting dinosaurs was indeed that can be found to settle mistake, this could be problems to progression. New dinosaur dates advertised less than and you can discussed regarding AOGS 2012 paper discussed while in the this short article, included triceratops, hadrosaur, allosaurus, and acrocanthasaurs. Below is a listing of particular dinosaur fossils as well as their dated many years about Miller report. 4
Carbon-14 relationship try has just performed into dinosaur fossils,step 1 additionally the efficiency was presented from the West Geophysics Fulfilling into the Singapore, , a gathering of approximately a couple thousand boffins
- An allosaurus regarding the Morrison development, later Jurassic, used in 1989 is old because of the College or university of Georgia from the accelerator mass spectrometry. Age is discovered to be 31,360 ± century old.
- The latest femur out-of a top Creataceous Heck Creek creation triceratops-eg dinosaur www.datingranking.net/tr/wildbuddies-inceleme (perhaps a different style of ceratopsid) found in 2007 is carbon dioxide-fourteen old by the College regarding Georgia playing with accelerator bulk spectrometry and discovered becoming 39,230 ± 140 yrs . old.
- Several other Heck Creek creation dinosaur, used in 2004, an effective triceratops, is dated because of the School out of Georgia by accelerator size spectrometry during 2009 while the 24,340 ± 70 yrs old.
- An enthusiastic apatosaurus are included in late Jurassic strata of the Morrison formation, and you can excavation are carried out in 2007 and you may 2009. In 2011 the fresh new College of Georgia dated the fresh new fossil to help you 38,250 ± 160 years old.
- A good hadrosaur’s hip bone are used in 2011 on Hell Creek formation. Brand new College out-of Georgia old an example from this bone to getting 37,660 ± 160 yrs old.
- Into the 2012 a great triceratops horn try discovered. The newest College from Georgia dated the brand new traditional to be 33,570 ± 120 years of age.
- Good femur bones away from an excellent hardosaur within the 2004 is actually used in new Hell Creek formation. The newest College or university from Georgia playing with accelerator size spectrometry dated this new try so you’re able to twenty-five,670 ± 220 yrs old.
- An acrocanthosaurus (carnivorous dinosaur) sample is excavated in 1984 close Glen Rose, Texas and you will was tested this year by the School away from Georgia. It actually was discovered to be 29,690 ± ninety years old.
Is the dates outside of the variety of review tech? No, the newest College or university out of Georgia got extended maximum limit up-over fifty,100 many years, as well as the age was basically every well below which. Is the years nonetheless too-old? Anyway, in the event such decades tend to be more youthful than traditional years, of many creationists believe lives on the planet to get far younger than simply even the claimed carbon-14 period of such dinosaur fossils. It matter could be handled into the a later section of this post.